1. How much does it cost?
There are no joining fees. We will provide you with a licence to access a marketplace where customers can seek you out for a delivery. In return for this licence, you will pay us a licence fee of 15%-30% of the delivery fee.
2. Do I need an ABN??
Yes. To use the courier marketplace you need to be registered as a business. This means you’ll need to have an ABN. You must be eligible to work in Australia in order to apply for an ABN and partner with Same Day Express.
Ensure you’re tax compliant. You can get a free ABN with GST registration using Airtax or direct from ABR.
3. Why do I need an ABN?
To use the courier marketplace, you’ll need to be registered as a business. This means you’ll need to have an ABN. You must be eligible to work in Australia in order to apply for an ABN and work with Same Day Express.
4. Do I need to be GST registered?
No. Your ABN does not need to be GST registered to become a driver.
5. How long does it take to before I can use the Same Day Express platform?
After you submit an application to use the courier marketplace it may take up to 14 days to process depending on your response time!
We ask that you complete each and every step of the application process we email you as soon as you can. Your application will be cancelled after 30 days if not completed
6. What else do I need to use the Same Day Express platform?
- A valid Australian driver’s license
- The right to work in Australia (Citizenship, permanent residency, or a working VISA)
- An ABN (Australian Business Number). You can get a free ABN with GST registration using Airtax or direct from ABR.
- A reliable vehicle with comprehensive insurance coverage
- A smartphone with reliable internet connection
You will also require a clean police record with the Australian Federal Police as we require mandatory police checks.
7. What vehicles can I register with?
You may register with any vehicle ranging from Bikes, Motorcycles/Scooters, Car (Sedan, Hatchback), SUVs (4×4), Vans, and Ute/Trucks. It doesn’t necessarily have to be yours, as long as it has a comprehensive insurance coverage.
8. Why do I need comprehensive insurance coverage?
Many of the contracts with the customers require the drivers using the platform to have comprehensive coverage. It also offers far more protection to you as a driver in the case of theft or accident. This doesn’t necessarily need to be under your name in case you are using a family member’s car or a rented car, etc.
9. Can I register more than one vehicle?
Yes, just make sure to coordinate with Same Day Express so we can keep records of your vehicles’ details and document for the purpose of using the platform.
10. Why was my application not approved or declined?
Every day we receive new applications to use the courier marketplace. We don’t onboard everyone who applies. We do this so we can make sure that every current driver on the network receives enough deliveries. If you want to follow up on the status of your application you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Do I need to be online at specific hours/schedule?
You have complete flexibility on when you work and which bookings you would like to deliver. It’s just a matter of accepting the workload that is right for you. Work a few hours or as many days as you like during the week.
12. What do I need to bring/wear whenever I do deliveries on the Same Day Express platform?
We suggest the following:
- Safety vest
- Car phone charger
- Phone cradle
- Trolley/Cart (if you’d like to take on heavy deliveries)
13. How much money can I make by using the Same Day Express platform?
Your income depends entirely on how often you use the courier marketplace and how many jobs you accept through the courier marketplace. The courier marketplace is the busiest on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays so you are more likely to receive more business on these days. We have drivers that use the courier marketplace earning anything from $100 a week through to $2000 a week.
14. How and when do we get paid?
As part of the services that we provide to you, we will invoice the customers on your behalf and receive the delivery fee on your behalf. The delivery fees less our licence fees for the previous 7 days of bookings will be directed into your account each Friday.
You will receive an email with details of the payments. For any inquiries, you may email email@example.com
15. Does the Same Day Express platform operate in Tasmania/Darwin/ Cairns?
At this stage the courier marketplace is not operational in these areas. But watch this space as we are expanding very quickly!
16. Which jobs will be offered to us?
Any jobs that are within 100KM will be offered to the nearest courier of the pick up location in the booking. Best to stay online to get notified of any jobs that come up real time. You’ll then have the option to choose whichever job you’d like to do or not
17. Can I get someone else to complete the deliveries that I receive through the Same Day Express platform?